Friday, August 20, 2010

Secrets


I am not into the keeping of secrets especially when it will hurt another person! Surprises--not a fan either! The only time where I am OK with surprises are when they are not going to happen to me. I don't want to have surprise birthday parties! I don't like being the one where everyone knows something that is going to happen to me before I know it! I do think that some secrets are good to be kept to oneself and surprises are probably the most fun--when they are happening to someone else!.


Over the years I have been asked to keep probably thousands of secret--some good and some not so good. I think the greatest one was a few months back when my friend's husband turned 40! He had no clue that he was going to a party for himself. When he walked in the look on his face was priceless--meaning that Krista pulled it off and she was able to keep the secret!


A few years back family and friends gathered for my Uncle Don and Aunt Tammy's surprise anniversary party. In order to keep this surprise going Makenzie, their youngest child, was not informed until she got to the restaurant. So when my uncle and aunt walked in to the hall they were blown away!


Makenzie wasn't informed because she wasn't able to keep the secret at that time. As people get older they are able to keep secrets. They learn that telling the person that this is supposed to happen to would not mean as much as if they were surprised by it! Makenzie has grown up over the past few years and she is now more trustworthy in keeping secrets--just a few months ago she was able to keep the surprise bridal shower for her sister Stephanie under lock and key!


So how come some people are better equipped at keeping secrets over others?!?!?! I have no idea!!! I think it is the fact that certain things excite us more than others and we are able to hold on to those secrets with more difficulty!


So what's my secret....you will have to wait a little while to be informed!

No comments:

Post a Comment